Thursday, August 27, 2009

To My Future Husband..

So I was reading someone's letter they wrote to their future husband when they were younger, pretty much telling them how things were gonna be if you planned on marrying them, and she asked me to do the same. So here it is...

Dear future husband,
I thought I met you already but it seems I was mistaken. When I think about how much of my life I was willing to give to an imposter I kinda get scared...shitless. Which is why I need YOU to be the bigger person in our relationship and keep reassuring me that you are, in fact, the one. Dont get upset when I talk about the past or said imposter... realize im only trying to work it out and understand the lessons learned and I just feel comfortable enough with you to do it out loud. Understand when I get scared it goes away and dont take it personally. Dont ever lie, no matter how much you think the truth will hurt me, no matter if the lie will go unnoticed and isnt a big deal, i want to know...i need to know. I could go on and on and list all the traits I hope you have; sense of humour, kind, unselfish... but I trust that if youre my future husband you already have these things and theres no reason to mention them. I just always want you to be yourself with me. ALWAYS. Just as I want you to love me for myself.  I want you to talk to me when you have a problem or are having doubts about things. I want you to say you love me even when were fighting, even if your going to hang up in me in .7 seconds because if something terrible happened to one of us I know we would regret not saying it. I dont believe in divorce. I want you to be as much a part of rasing our kids as I will (and yes there has to be kids). Most important you need to feel the same way as me when it comes to true love; If you have it and you commit yourself to it completely, we can survive anything and everything.


Love, 
Me xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment